The ground absorbs nearly half of the solar energy our planet receives. As a result, the earth remains at a constant, moderate temperature just below its surface all year round. However, air temperature varies greatly from summer to winter, making air source (traditional) heating and cooling least efficient when you need it the most.
Geothermal heating and cooling systems take advantage of the stable temperature underground using a piping system, commonly referred to as a “loop.” Water circulates in the loop to exchange heat between your home, the ground source heat pump, and the earth, providing geothermal heating, cooling, and hot water at remarkably high efficiencies.
In fact, ClimateMaster geothermal heating and cooling systems are 400-600% efficient and can cut your heating, cooling, and hot water costs by up to 80%.
Geothermal Heat Pump & Geothermal Heating
During the winter, ClimateMaster geothermal heating and cooling systems absorb heat stored in the ground through the water that circulates in its underground loop. This heat is carried to the ground source heat pumps where it’s concentrated and then sent as warm, comfortable air throughout your home.
When you need heating the most, the air outside is coldest. As a result, a traditional air source heat pump works hard to extract the amount of heat from the cold air needed to properly heat your home. In contrast, a geothermal heat pump system consumes less energy as it easily absorbs ground heat from the abundant supply stored below your home, making geothermal heating significantly more energy efficient.
Gas furnaces burn natural gas to provide heat for your home and are only 98% efficient, while geothermal systems use significantly less energy collecting heat from the earth, achieving 400-600% efficiencies.
Geothermal Heat Pump & Geothermal Cooling
During the summer, ClimateMaster geothermal heating and cooling systems absorb heat from your home and transfers it to the underground loop where it is then absorbed by the cooler earth. The geothermal heat pump uses the cool water returning from the ground to create cool, dehumidified air conditioning for your home.
When you need cooling the most, the outside air is hottest. A traditional air source heat pump must work hard to force the heat from your home into the already heat saturated air. In contrast, a geothermal heat pump consumes less energy as it easily rejects heat into the cool earth, making geothermal cooling significantly more energy efficient.
The Tranquility® 30 Digital Series delivers the ultimate in efficiency, comfort, reliability and serviceability – intelligently driven by the iGate™, the industry’s first two-way communicating control, two-stage compressor, variable speed fan and industry-first vFlow™ internal variable water flow components. The Tranquility® 30 also delivers reliable operation, lower operating cost and compact installation.Available with multiple cabinet options (vertical upflow, vertical downflow and horizontal) the Tranquility® 30 Digital offers a unit for most any installation. With an extended range refrigerant circuit, capable of ground loop (geothermal) applications as well as water loop (boiler-tower) applications, the Tranquility® 30 Digital is among the most flexible in the industry. Standard features such as Copeland UltraTech™ two-stage scroll compressor, ECM variable fan motor, digital communicating controls, powder coated galvanized steel cabinet, stainless steel drain pan and foil-backed air handler insulation are just some of the features of the innovative Tranquility® 30 Digital Series.
The Tranquility® 30 Digital Series also offers advanced options that allow for energy efficient, application flexibility. Available options include hot water generator, enhanced iGate™ digital communicating controls, coated air coils, extended range insulation, UltraQuiet package, vFlow™ internal variable water flow, and internal secondary circulator.
• Sizes 026 (2 ton, 7.0 kW) through 072 (6 tons, 19.3 kW)
• Advanced Controls – iGate™ communicating control provides advanced unit functionality and comprehensive configuration, monitoring and diagnostic capabilities through digital communication links with the variable-speed fan motor, variable-speed source pump (or modulating valve) and communicating thermostat or configuration/diagnostic tool.
• Internal Variable Water Flow – Industry-first, built-in vFlow™ replaces a traditionally inefficient, external component of the geothermal system (water circulation) with an ultra-high efficient, variable speed, internal water flow system consisting of an internal variable speed circulator or an internal modulating motorized water valve.
• EarthPure® (HFC-410A) refrigerant
• Copeland UltraTech™ two-stage scroll compressors
• ECM variable speed communicating fan motor with soft start
• Exceeds ASHRAE 90.1 efficiencies
• Part load operation significantly lowers annual operating costs
• Galvanized steel construction with black mat polyester powder coat paint and silver accents
• Stainless steel drain pan
• Unique double isolation compressor mounting for quiet operation
• TXV metering device
• Extended range (20 to 120°F, -6.7 to 48.9°C) operation
• Eight safeties standard
1. Easy access control box contains DXM2 (iGate) communicating control, a robust microprocessor based controller that is advanced and feature-laden for maximum application flexibility. (Optional DDC Controllers also available)
2. Industry-first, built-in vFlow™ replaces traditionally inefficient, external pumping components with an ultra-high efficient, variable speed, internal water flow system to intelligently vary the water ?ow to minimize pump energy consumption and improve system reliability.
3. Easy to remove blower housing for quick service and ECM variable speed motor. Foil faced insulation in the blower section and fiberglass insulation in the compressor section.
4. Copeland UltraTech™ two-stage compressor with dual compressor vibration isolation. Easy service access from multiple sides.
The Tranquility Digital Indoor Split Series is the most advanced and flexible geothermal technology available today. The Tranquility Split can easily be connected to your existing furnace or installed with a new air handler (TAH) from ClimateMaster for quiet, efficient, and economic heating and cooling.
The Tranquility® Digital Indoor Split Series advanced design includes two-stage operation, a variable-speed indoor fan, optional vFlow® variable water flow and iGate® communicating controls.
vFlow® technology reduces water pumping power consumed by 60-80% compared to traditional external pumping modules, which can save over $100 per year in an average 2,000 square foot home. iGate® constantly monitors and controls system operation for increased reliability and longer system life.
The variable-speed blower motor helps even out hot or cold spots in your home and eliminates the air blasts you feel with traditional systems to you of blissful comfort, maximum efficiency and lower utility bills.
* Lower Energy and Utility Bills
* Extra high efficiency (30 EER) produces significant energy savings.
* Powered by electricity instead of fossil fuels.
* Consistent geothermal temperature reduces energy use.
* Optional vFlow® systems reduce water pumping power by 60-80% compared to traditional external pumping modules, which can save over $100 per year in a an average 2,000 square foot home.
* Optional hot water generator can lower home hot water cost.
Live in a Green Home
* The Tranquility® Digital Series has been recognized as the Most Efficient of ENERGY STAR 2012 for both exceeding stringent efficiency requirements and for incorporating smart iGate® controls.
* Roughly 75% to 80% of heat supplied comes directly from the earth itself and is clean, free and renewable.
* Little or no CO2 emissions helps prevent global warming.
* The MERV 11 filter removes up to nine times more dust, lasts three times longer and captures nearly 100% of pollen and spores compared to traditional fiberglass air filters.
* The EarthPure® Air Cleaner is very efficient at removing dangerous airborne sub-micron particles (97% efficient at 0.3 microns) and removes odors and VOCs from the air to improve air quality.
* iGate® uses the power of two-way communication to monitor, control and diagnose your system. The result is maximum efficiency, superb comfort and improved reliability.
* Two-stage technology automatically adjusts itself to provide the optimum, consistent indoor air temperatures regardless of the weather extremes.
* Variable-speed blower motor (standard) adapts to various duct systems for greater flexibility and helps even out hot or cold spots.
* Insulated compressor compartment and interior cabinet, plus no noisy outdoor fans reduce noise.
* Tin plated air coil resists corrosion for longer life and improves moisture removal capabilities for additional comfort.
* Cabinets are heavy-gauge galvanized steel and epoxy powder coated for durable and long-lasting finish.
* The drain pan is stainless steel, both corrosion and stain resistant, and slopes to facilitate drainage.
* Geothermal heating and cooling has no flame, no odors, and no danger of fumes.
* Tranquility® 30 is engineered for safety with compressor, overflow, and freeze protection, plus a shut-down switch and fault lockout.